Please do not mail hard copy materials to the Department of Population Health Sciences office. Official transcripts and test scores may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
*Application review is contigent upon the receipt of all supplementary materials listed below.
- Application fee: $80
Your personal statement should be no more than 2-3 pages in length and outline the following items:
- Your interest in the field you are applying to
- Any previous operational and/or research experiences you have in this field or a related area of study
- Your career goals and how this degree will help you achieve them
- Any skills, previous experiences, and/or other information that is not readily identified in the other items you submit that would make you an ideal candidate
Three Letters of Recommendation
- These letters can be from current/former academic mentors, current/former supervisors, and/or any other individuals who can speak to your capability to succeed in a program like ours, as well as your academic, research, communication, and leadership skills.
- Once you designate your recommenders in the online application, the system will automatically contact them and provide instructions on how they can submit their letters.
- All letters must be on official school and/or company letterhead.
- College transcripts should be submitted for all previous colleges attended (undergraduate, graduate, and professional)
- Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance, however students may submit unofficial transcripts with their initial application
- GRE/GMAT Scores (optional)
- Foreign Transcripts - Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S., including Canada, must be transcribed and evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE. Official foreign transcript evaluations are required for application review. Please request your transcript evaluation early so that it arrives before the application deadline.
- In order for our office to receive your WES evaluations, they must be sent to us ELECTRONICALLY. To send your WES evaluation correctly, please follow the instructions below:
- Select Cornell University – Manhattan.
- School/Division: Select WEILL CORNELL MEDICINE.
- Department/Office Name: Select POPULATION HEALTH SCIENCES
- TOEFL/IELTS/DUO Lingo Scores
- Applicants who, at the time of enrollment, have studied in full-time status for at least two academic years and graduated within the last five years in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand, or with English language instruction in Canada or South Africa, are exempt from having to provide English Language Proficiency exam test results.
- TOEFL scores are valid for two years after the test date. Note: If you have taken the TOEFL iBT test more than once within the last 2 years, ETS will automatically include your MyBest scores along with the traditional scores from your selected test date. Submit your scores to TOEFL code: 2119.
- IELTS scores are valid for two years after the test date. IELTS results must be submitted directly via e-delivery to “Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences.”
- Results for the Duolingo English Test are valid for two years after the test date. Applicants must submit their results directly through Duolingo to “Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences.”